Monday, May 05, 2008

It's always something!



This morning my 21 year old daughter pulled into the driveway in tears. (She lives an hour and a half away, at college). She was having a gall bladder attack. She drove all the way home by herself, in excruciating pain. She said she felt like she was going to die. She's my child who has a very high toleration for pain, so I knew it must be terrible. I spent the morning with her in the doctor's office, then she fasted for the rest of the day and we spent the late afternoon until now (11 pm) at the hospital, where it was determined that her gall bladder is not functioning. We're going to a natural nutritional-type practitioner tomorrow, then she'll weigh her treatment options. We could be looking at surgery. And of course, this is the week that Grayson leaves for San Diego. Ah, being a mother. Sometimes it tears you up.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Oy vey. It's not going to get easier, is it? And at some point in the very near future, I won't even have a cuddly little pre-school hand to hold when times are rough. Gulp.

(((Beth))) ~ and (((Chelsea))).

Sandie said...

I hope all goes well. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RedGypsie said...

Ah! I feel for her! I had one of those and it was about as bad as the end of childbirth until they gave me the GI cocktail. So painful. But it's never happened again and I didn't need surgery. I hope it all goes smoothly for you both; that's a lot of handle in one week!

Carrie said...

I hope she gets some relief soon! I can't believe she drove all that way. It's amazing how powerful the desire to be home is when your sick or scared (or both).

I've prayed for your dd. Keep us posted.

SUSAN said...

How is everyone? Hope you are past all the pain!

Hugs,
Susan

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

I hope it all worked out. How is she? How are you?

Take care!
Dalissa