Sunday, October 28, 2007

The first day of the rest of his life

All he took with him...a Bible and a toothbrush. And I think they'll issue him another toothbrush.




They gave us a list of what he'll be generally doing in boot camp: exotic things such as Pugil Sticks & NIghttime Rappeling, ominous things such as Innoculations III & Gas Chamber, stuff you'd rather not know about: Chokes & Bayonet Techniques, and even a few things to look forward to: after 11 weeks, Four Hours of "Recruit Liberty", and of course, Graduation.


4 comments:

carrie said...

I'm sitting here wondering how I'd feel. Proud, scared, uncertain. I'm praying for your family, especially you and Gray.

Unknown said...

That's an awe-some (in the scary awe kind of way) shot.

SUSAN said...

(((BETH)))

I am glad you recorded the day here, for all of us to share.

Wow.

Susan

MaryD said...

This is so huge. Wow.