Sunday, October 28, 2007

Workspace


I'm working on a series of pieces for school that has kept me up late and gotten me up early. This photo was from 6 am Saturday. You might recognize the photos that these pieces were based upon if you've read my blog awhile. Each piece is created by taping off sections, cutting the tape with an xacto knife, painting the section, then peeling off the tape and moving on to the next section. It's maddening. Each of the three 8x10 pieces has between 10-15 hours of work in it. I finished this one, the third, Saturday night. I still have two large projects due Tuesday, so I can't even sit back and feel satisfied. Also I have a killer cold/headache/scratchy throat which started Friday afternoon. And of course, Grayson leaves this morning for Parris Island. Not my most fun weekend ever, by any stretch of the imagination.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - well at least you have something creative to distract you?

Lots of love and thoughts for you right now.

Dalissa 365 said...

Oh gosh, your description of school actually makes me happy to not be there which is amazing because I always dream of going back to school! You sound stretched thin.

You're doing a great job!