Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Mother of the Year



OK, I have never won it. Haven't even been nominated. And based on the effusive adolescent gratitude I get around here, I probably never will be nominated. But if getting up at 4 am and making these divine morsels doesn't get me a nod, I don't know what will. Raw milk, a pound and a half of Irish butter, cane sugar, freshly milled organic flour, all baked to mouth-watering perfection (though my picture here is of them rising). Breakfast of champions, indeed. This was actually in honor of my son's 19th birthday today...happy birthday, Grayson!

13 comments:

SUSAN said...

Homemade cinnamon rolls are definately getting you "Mother of the Year" in my book! YUMO

Great photo of them, by the way. Mouthwatering, "Southern Living" quality photo!

Susan

Carol Ann Weaver said...

You crack me up for your label: "Incredible Feats of Motherhood." Laughing out LOUD in Oregon!

Dalissa 365 said...

Yep, your label cracked me up, too! And, the rolls look divine.

Unknown said...

Look good to me! Love the ingredient list and really love the photo.

jo(e) said...

They look delicious!

Ianqui said...

Mmmm, they look wonderful!

Dancingirl said...

Cinnamon rolls! I can smell them here. Grayson had better nominate you!

Dirkus said...

Good night! I put on poundage just looking at them! Sounds tasty.

jayfish said...

okay, you can make some of those for me!

Scrivener said...

Wow! Those look fantastic.

NoVA Dad said...

Well, it's a safe bet that if your own family doesn't give it to you, you'll get it from us! I can smell and taste them just from looking at the photo!

Colleen said...

Well, I, for one, would love to have the actual recipe for these. One can never have too many cinnamon roll recipes...or too many cinnamon rolls, for that matter!

my15minutes said...

The recipe is found over at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman, a site you put me on to, Colleen!