Friday, April 13, 2007

Assemblage



This is an intersection through which I often travel. It's a funky corner: the yoga studio, an independent record store, and a cafe (called the Bohemian) are just out of sight to the left. The elements appear as if in layers: the public sculpture (a tree?), the old pickup truck, the mural of dancing children, the Budweiser truck (it's frequently there), the Drop In Store, and the house in the background. I dunno. It is an intersection that always makes me take an extra look.

3 comments:

SUSAN said...

Wow, it does look 3D!

Susan

Sandie said...

We have a couple little eclectic corner around here. I have noticed more and more city murals too, and I think that is a very good thing.

NoVA Dad said...

I think you take so many looks because there's no way to see everything with just one glance. That's a great picture -- there's so much activity jammed in such a small area.