Thursday, June 07, 2007

Personal Grooming



I guess that's the theme this week, for me and for Zeus. Hair, nails, pedicure, lipstick, new undies (well, for Zeus it was just hair and nails)... you know, gotta get looking presentable for the family reunion this weekend in North Carolina. This photo was taken of one of the ladies at Zeus' groomer; she actually doesn't work on Zeus, but she did Zorro and Waldo before him. She has cancer and isn't doing very well.

My mom's family will be meeting for the 40th annual reunion since "Papa Cobb" died. Only the youngest two of the original eight brothers and sisters is living, my mom and her baby brother; she has non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and he has a rare and fatal lung disease. It's sad, missing my aunts and uncles who have died, but it is great that I have such a large extended family, and that I know my cousins, and their kids know my kids. I've been to every reunion but a handful.

Oh, and today is my mom and dad's sixtieth wedding anniversary!! Happy anniversary Dad and Mom!

7 comments:

jayfish said...

wait... you got new undies for your family reunion?
:P

Beth said...

I think the dog deserved new undies, too.

Sixty years is AWESOME - you are so blessed to have such a legacy for your family! Your parents deserve congratulations!

my15minutes said...

Jayfish, Yeah that didn't sound too good, did it? :D Let's say the undies were just on general principle! Zeus wouldn't stand for undies, beth, (you know, it would interfere with all that butt-chewing and butt-sniffing dogs do) but he does tolerate a bandana as his fashion accessory.

Dancingirl said...

Wow! 60 years! How wonderful.

I'd like to see the finished product. (And I'm not talking about Zeus.) You are teasing us with shots of neatly trimmed and newly highlighted wisps of hair and layers of lip glosses...

Btw... thanks for identifyingthe vitex plant for me! I now have one in a pot in the backyard ready to plant.

Scrivener said...

60 years is certainly impressive! Happy anniversary to them. My wife and I just celebrated our 9th a little over a week ago--60 sounds like a very long time.

Unknown said...

Wow - what a great entry. I love the dog grooming photo and I'm sorry about her cancer.

Your family reunion does sound fun. Congrats to your parents. :)

Susanne Barrett said...

60 years is sooo cool!

I'm with Becky -- time for a self-portrait! :)