Thursday, July 26, 2007

Marsh Morning



Bill, Mackenzie, Chelsea, Zeus, and I left this morning with Captain Jimmy Bell for a morning of fishing and exploring the waterways around here. Ever concerned about my Readership, I took pictures of any and all phenomena we encountered. My favorite shot of all, though, was this one heading out. Early morning shots always seem optimistic to me; plus I liked the composition. We did have a beautiful day, although I cannot say we brought in much of a haul. Because of the drought around here, the salinity of the water is bad for shrimping. We caught enough shrimp, crabs, and squid for one dinner tonight, but that's it. But what a beautiful day of exploring....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a lovely view! I remember the place and agree that the composition is remarkable! I wonder if this one will become the subject of a painting!

Dancingirl said...

I like this, too. The walkway and perspective add to the view.

Susanne Barrett said...

I love the gentle morning light and the composition ... lovely shot.