Thursday, July 26, 2007

Our haul

This is a sea kidney. It is an animal. I'm just reporting what Cap'n Jimmy says. I think it's a mushroom someone tossed overboard. But he swears it's an animal.


Ah, finally something I recognize. This is a sanddollar, dredged off the bottom of the sea.


Here's a shot of one of our hauls. If you know what you're looking for, you will find jellyfish, squid, shrimp, croaker, sanddollars, hermit crabs, and assorted nautical items referred to in the business as 'junk'. If you don't know what you're looking for, it ALL looks like junk. Moving, slimy junk. Much was unusable, but we threw it to the dolphins and the seagulls.



A puffer fish. I thought Disney just invented them, but no, we caught one.


My shark and dolphin photos were disappointing, but we did see them.

3 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Seems like a fun trip. Brings back memories for me of a similar one. It's so fun to see what you can find... like a treasure hunt.

Some wonderful close ups. (That top one looks like a mushroom to me, too!)

SUSAN said...

Those puffer fish are so cute. Glad y'all brought up some interesting critters.

Susan

zerodoll said...

the puffer is SO cute!